In 2023, we're introducing priority registration for holders of a valid UTMB Index, who will have 48-hour priority access to a limited allocation of entries, starting at 12 AM ET on February 6th, 2023.
Priority registration gives UTMB Index Holders first access and the best chance to secure their spot at the start line!
If you have completed a UTMB Index Race (there’s over 4,000 worldwide) in the past two years, you will have a valid UTMB Index. To see if you have a valid UTMB Index and to set up your My UTMB account click here: UTMB Index.
WHAT IS UTMB INDEX PRIORITY REGISTRATION?
Priority registration for Grindstone Trail Running Festival by UTMB opens on February 6th, 2023 at 12AM ET. Priority registration gives UTMB Index Holders first access and the best chance to secure their spot at the start line!
If you have completed a UTMB Index Race (there’s over 4,000 worldwide) in the past two years, you will have a valid UTMB Index. To see if you have a valid UTMB Index and to set up your My UTMB account click here: UTMB Index
HOW TO ACCESS PRIORITY REGISTRATION
For UTMB Index holders, to ensure you have a smooth registration process here’s a few tips:
- Ensure you have set-up your My UTMB Account. It’s free and simple do here: https://utmb.world/my-utmb/my-dashboard
- During registration for Grindstone Trail Running Festival, enter your first name, last name, and date of birth exactly the way it appears in your My UTMB Account – the system will recognize your details and allow you to progress your registration.
- There is only a limited allocation of priority registrations available for UTMB Index holders, and they may sell out before 48 hours is up – first come, first served! If you miss out, please try again when general registrations open on February 8th at 12 AM ET.
The priority entry link for UTMB Index holders will be emailed to runners and available by clicking enter now on the website. Only runners with a valid index will be able to access registration.
If you aren’t eligible for priority registration, you can register on February 8th at 12 AM ET when General Registrations go on sale.
PRIORITY REGISTRATION FAQS
What is priority registration?
Priority Registration is a 48-hour window of time immediately before general registration opens, where exclusive groups are invited to register early. The benefits of early registration are:
- First opportunity to secure a spot in the race and therefore greatest likelihood of getting a place in the desired race
- Access to the lowest registration pricing
A limited number of race entries are available during the priority registration period, with a portion of entries reserved for general opening. This means priority registrations may sell out during the priority registration window, so it is first come first served! If the priority allocation sells out, please try again during general registration opening.
Who gets UTMB INDEX priority registration access?
Runners holding a valid UTMB Index will be offered access to registration during the priority registration period.
How long is the priority registration period?
The priority registration window is open for 48 hours before general registration opening. Please note that priority registration places are limited, so they may sell out during the priority registration window! If the priority allocation sells out, please try again during general registration opening on February 8th at 12 AM ET.
What is the UTMB Index?
The UTMB index is a formula developed by the UTMB World Series designed to assess the performance level of trail runners globally, based on their results from taking part in UTMB World Series events and UTMB Index Races. View it here: UTMB Index.
What do I need a UTMB Index for?
- To receive 48 hours priority entry to all UTMB World Series non-lottery events.
- Holding a valid UTMB Index is mandatory to enter the UTMB World Series Finals lottery (UTMB, CCC and OCC races at UTMB Mont-Blanc).
How do I know if I have a valid UTMB Index?
If you have completed a UTMB World Series event or a UTMB Index race (there’s over 4,000 worldwide) in the past two years, you will have a valid UTMB Index. Click here to find your name.
How do I know if my UTMB Index gives me priority entry for the race?
- In most cases, simply holding a valid UTMB Index is sufficient to gain you priority access. However, if your race has a safety requirement, you must have a UTMB Index for that respective distance, or a greater distance.
- In your My UTMB account or on your My UTMB Index public listing, you will see a table under the heading UTMB Index which lists the different distance categories of 20K, 50K, 100K and 100M.
- If you have a valid UTMB Index, a number will appear under the UTMB Index. A number under any of the specific distances shows you have a valid Index for that distance.
- To register during the priority window, check that you have a valid UTMB Index.
Example of a valid UTMB Index:
Image used: Valid UTMB Index
Example of a UTMB Index that is NOT valid
Image used: Invalid UTMB Index
What do I need to do to register during the 48hr priority window?
- Visit the registration page and simply complete the registration form.
- After connecting or creating your My UTMB account, the system will recognize your first name, last name and date of birth, match it against your UTMB Index results and will grant you access to complete the registration.
Please note that priority registration places are limited, so it may sell out during the priority registration window! If the priority registration allocation sells out, please try again during general registration opening.
I have a valid UTMB Index but can’t register, what do I do?
- Double-check that your first name, last name and date of birth is entered exactly the way it is written for previous races you have completed.
- If you have a My UTMB Account, enter the same email address you used to register for your My UTMB Account.
- Check that the priority registration window is still open, and priority registration places are not sold out.
- Check that your UTMB Index is still valid at the time you are trying to register (Index expires after 24 months).
- If you still can’t register and have a valid UTMB Index, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I have completed UTMB Index races, but my results are not showing:
There are three main reasons why your results may not show:
- Your race is not a UTMB World Series Event and/or UTMB Index race. Please check the race calendar to see if it is registered as a UTMB Index race. If the race is not featured in the list, then you will need to contact the race organizer and ask them to register as a UTMB Index race. This is free for event organizers to do and only takes a few minutes on utmb.world.
- If the race is a UTMB World Series Event and/or UTMB Index race but no results are published, it is because we have not yet received the results from the race organizer. We will publish the results as soon as we receive them.
- There might be a different spelling that prevents the system from attaching your result to your profile. Use the tool ‘Claim your results’ to have your UTMB Index updated. We are checking the requests daily.
If the results are uploaded and your result has not been attached to your profile, there is an error in the information provided in your result. This has resulted in a new profile being created or the result being allocated to another runner. Possible reasons include an error in the spelling of your name / date of birth / nationality. If this is the case, please contact us by email at email@example.com, providing as much information as possible to help us resolve the issue.
How do I know if the race I did is a UTMB Index race?
View the list of UTMB Index races here.
Do I need to have set up My UTMB account to register during priority registration?
In order to register during priority registration, you need to have a My UTMB account. You can create it while registering or simply log in if you created it previously.
This tool also helps you understand the new qualification requirements for races, see your upcoming registrations, check how many Running Stones you have collected, check your UTMB Index and enter future UTMB World Series Finals pre-registrations.
Does UTMB Index priority registration give me a discounted price?
No, pricing will remain the same as advertised on the website, but priority registration gives you first access to the best prices before registration opens to the general public. With many events selling out quickly, priority access improves your chances of securing a place on the start line.
Please note that priority slots are limited, so it may sell out during the priority registration window! If the priority slots sell out, please try again during general registration opening.