With just over 5000’ of climbing, the Grindstone 50k offers a challenging and scenic course combining gorgeous single track with some fire road running as you get a little taste of both 100k and 100-mile courses.
Saturday 21st September 2024
Natural Chimneys Park - 06:00
Max Allowed Race Time
Check back soon for full 50K Course Details.
Starting at the picturesque Natural Chimneys, the 50k route begins with a gentle warm-up before challenging you with a brief yet intense ascent, leading you along the narrow single-track ridge of Narrow Back Mountain. As you descend the other side, brace yourself for the formidable climb up Wolf Ridge, eventually connecting to Timber Ridge. Stay left as you reach the summit of Sand Spring Mountain and follow the descent along Sand Spring Trail. Proceed to access the Tillman Trail via the Tillman forest access, where you'll conquer another climb over Narrow Back Mountain before arriving at Lick Run. Finally, exit the forest at Bear Trap and enjoy a smooth cruise back to the finish line, set against the backdrop of the towering limestone chimneys.
- Minimum water supply: 1 liter of hydration capacity
- Reusable cup/flask/bottle
- One (1) working headlamp with spare cells/batteries.
- Recommendation of 200 lumens or more for night running.
- Jacket with hood for bad weather in the mountains/course terrain.
- Running pack to carry recommended gear throughout the race.
- Mobile/Cell phone with international roaming that works in the United States of America.
- Additional working headlamp