The Grindstone half marathon course throws a killer climb, a fun ridge run, and a bombing downhill at you, all while still offering a blazing fast start and finish for those interested in a little taste of everything!
Saturday 21st September 2024
Natural Chimneys Park - 08:00
Max Allowed Race Time
Starting and finishing at the historic Natural Chimneys, the Grindstone half-marathon course provides you a fast start in rolling country before entering the forest at the Bear Trap access. From there the course follows Lick Run taking you up the short but steep climb to the Narrow Back Mtn ridgeline. Follow the ridgeline before flying back down Tillman Trail east, along the Narrow Back forest access, retracing a fast finish to the base of the towering limestone chimneys and finish line festival.
- Minimum water supply: 1 liter of hydration capacity
- Reusable cup//flask/bottle
- Running pack to carry recommended gear throughout the race.
- Mobile/Cell phone with international roaming that works in the United States of America.
- Jacket with hood for bad weather in the mountains/course terrain.
Aid Station Chart
Learn more about each Aid Station, elevation gain and loss, cut-off times, and where drop bags and crew are allowed on course